Subject: Re: Dem Bones
From: [email-masked] (Raptor)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 21:00:23 -0500 (CDT)

> 
> > I asked this to mt, but I will ask this to the list. Can I make some bones
> > animation and save it independently of any object? Then later read it in
> > and attach it to an object. Thanks.
> 
> No.
> 

   Actually, YES you can! Not in the way that he described, but you 
can do it like this: Load some generic object into Layout such as a 
simple cube to be used as a spatial reference. Then create your 
skeleton within the cube, and create the bone motion that you desire. 
Then, you can just save it and apply that deformation to any other 
object you wish! All you have to do, is make sure that the object you 
want to 'skelotonize', has the same dementions as the cube, and use 
the function 'replace object' function which will let you swap the 
cube with another object, but will retain the bones and thier motion! 
I have done this, and it works just fine!

C ya!!!

*** Matt-Man ***